- 6 month contract possible extension
- To $130K plus incentives
- WFH or at easy to reach South Sydney office
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large Australian transport infrastructure hub that is at the heart of the tourism industry and the pulse of Australia's economy. They are a purpose and values driven organisation and this role is at the heart of walking the walk to ensure they are more than just a token website page.
This role is an integral member of the Customer Service team and is responsible for the day-to-day management of a large and diverse front-line volunteer team. You'll be a collaborative team leader who provides a structured, organised, communication focussed and motivated team environment.
- Delivery volunteer program and rosters to meet the needs of customers
- Work collaboratively and in strong partnership with Operations, HR, Corporate Affairs teams
- Develop and monitor budget expenditure including allocation of petty cash reimbursement and reconciliation of travel allowances to volunteers
- Lead the recruitment, induction, training, and retention of Volunteer team
- Deliver a robust program framework that recognises contribution and provides a rewarding community-based experience for the volunteer team
- Nurture positive relationships by involving and motivating the team with clear directions, structure, and support
- Initiate, plan and lead all Volunteer Program events including recognition functions, training opportunities and group social activities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders regarding service improvements identified through feedback initiatives
- Provide support to the Service Delivery team during special events and peak periods that occur during the calendar year.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of handling complex diaries as an EA or rostering of staff or volunteers essential
- Minimum 5 years previous experience of managing a large team or large group preferred
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude and hands on approach
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a range of responsibilities simultaneously
- A creative mind with a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience in a roster-based environment preferred
This is a fast paced and customer-centric team environment where you'll be fully supported to ensure that you are set up for success. Interested? Interviewing now. Please apply via the link provided. For a confidential conversation please call Carole Edmunds on 0477 224416.