IPA are a leading supplier of recruitment solutions to the Australian Government. On behalf of our Federal Government client, we are currently seeking the services of an experienced Private Sessions Administration Officer for an initial 12-month contract based in Canberra.
In this role, you will support the branch to hold private sessions and to ensure the efficient use of resources for a high profile public enquiry.
The successful candidate's main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting participants to share their experiences with the public enquiry in a safe and trauma informed way
- Modelling agility and resilience in responding to high workloads, changing demands and challenging subject matter
- Exemplifying collaborative working relationships
- Performing other duties as required
- Demonstrating sound judgement in relation to staffing, participant scheduling and distribution of sensitive information
The successful applicants should have and/or demonstrate the following:
- A broad understanding of the work of the public enquiry
- The ability to work effectively in high pressure environments with changing priorities, high workloads and tight timeframes
- A capacity to effectively work in and contribute to a rapidly evolving, agile and forward thinking environment
- The ability to liaise widely and develop productive working relationships with internal and stakeholders
- An ability to quickly gain a thorough understanding of the private session principles, processes and practices
- Sound judgment, common sense and discretion
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You must be An Australian Citizen to be considered for this role.
For a confidential conversation, call Melissa on 02 9220 6900