Our client is the leading provider of self-serve vended luggage carts, electronic lockers, commercial strollers and massage chairs at more than 2,600 locations worldwide. In addition to their core business, they also have retail outlets providing baggage storage and transfer services. With operations in North America, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore this is a great opportunity to be part of the airline industry getting back on its feet at Melbourne Airport.
This is a hands-on Supervisory role where you will also work along side the Trolley Collectors as well as assisting the Manager in supervising the daily operations in the collection and return of luggage trolleys in all areas of the Airport.
- Supervising a team x2-10 per shift
- Collecting trolleys from designated areas and return to trolley collection areas
- Monitor the activity of assigned work areas, including cleaning, allocating workers or scheduling roundup of trolleys
- Ensure the team observe Work Health and Safety (WHS) policy
- Ensure that all workers act in a proper and safe manner and that any misconduct or accidents are documented and dealt with immediately and reported to the Manager.
- Perform daily inspection checks of all equipment and documentation where such systems are in place.
- Perform daily checks of specified areas and ensure that the teamwork is in line with the task assigned for each shift.
- Report hazards, incidents, accidents, and near misses on the allocated sheets and notify the Manager promptly.
- ROTATING SHIFTS across Day/Afternoon or Night including every 2nd weekend and public holidays. A 38 hour week over 4 days per week
- Salary: $70K + super (including all penalty rates)
- Previous Supervisory experience eg. hospitality, retail, aviation
- Be of honest, fair and of courteous nature with a sound customer service focus and good communication skills.
- Show strong commitment to Company policies, an ability to make sound decisions and lead by example.
- Be capable of adapting to varying tasks and performing in busy and high-pressure situations, while remaining professional.
- Have a high level of self-motivation and the ability to work without supervision.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Available to work a rotating roster, including early morning, afternoon, and night shifts as well as some weekends and public holidays
- Hold a Current Driver's License
- Physically fit in order to collect trolleys throughout airport
If you are passionate about leading a team and providing outstanding customer service to the public then APPLY NOW for this great opportunity!