In working with IPA, everyday citizens contribute positively to the broader society as we are a certified social enterprise with all profit benefiting those from disadvantaged backgrounds and disabilities.
We have an exciting opportunity for mechanical fitters and general hands to work at Garden Island off the coast of Rockingham, south of Perth!
For the Department of Defence, Mechanical Fitters
are required to support weapon maintainers including the following:
- Under direction perform weight testing of weapon support equipment including dollies, trollies and slings.
- Conduct general non weapon specific tasking's in and around the workshop areas.
- Assist with basic machining and welding when required
- Assist with general cleaning activities when required, including the movement of items internally to reduce clutter in workshop areas.
- Assist with the mustering of DG/Flammable lockers initially, until taking on the role permanently when deemed competent.
- Once authorised conduct work on EO components under EO technical regulations
- MR/HR truck licence, DG licence highly desirable
- Nationally recognised forklift licence
- Respondents will be required to be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Riggers and dogging certificate is highly desirable
positions are also available, outlined below:
- Conduct packing and unpacking of weapons and weapons sections
- Assist with receipt and packing of stores items as required by the maintenance teams
- Assist with general cleaning activities when required, including the movement of items internally to reduce clutter in loading bays and workshops
- Conduct general non-weapon specific tasking's in and around the workshop areas
- Same ticket & licence requirements as mechanical fitters listed above
The roles are a 12-month initial term which has extension options available. Competitive remuneration is permitted and negotiated based on previous experience and qualifications.
CLICK APPLY now if you are eligible for the position and eager to start a new role which involves not only a great commute but a regimented workflow and good culture! We look forward to hearing from you.