With over 60 years' experience as a highly regarded employer in the Geelong area, our client provides community services which enhance the lives of people living with disabilities, the ageing and those experiencing disadvantage. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administration Assistant for their 120-bed residence which offers residential aged care to those with lower to higher care needs in a welcoming and homely setting.
A little bit about YOU! Reporting to the Director of Nursing as the successful applicant you will support a payroll project, have notable experience and be passionate about working with seniors to provide superior administrative support to staff and the many programs delivered at this facility. This position will require the successful incumbent to work a 35.5-hour work week across the following days: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday attracting the relevant penalty rates aligned to weekend work.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provision of efficient & courteous reception duties for all residents & visitors
- Provide superior administration support to the Director of Nursing & staff
- Order general office supplies including stationary & staff amenities
- Maintain roster in collaboration with the Director of Nursing regarding leave replacement with appropriately skilled staff
- Assist with archiving of files of resident medical histories
- Accounts payable processing and petty cash reconciliation
- Minute taking at team meetings and manage the distribution of the minutes
- Log maintenance requests and maintain the maintenance book as required
Other essential requirements include:
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate of Completion
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Current First Aid Certificate (desirable)
- Certificate III Business Administration or relevant experience
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate through interview previous experience in administration and reception duties, an ability to deal with a range of stakeholders, display strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You will display highly developed computer skills and be capable of working to deadlines while always maintaining confidentiality.
Suitable applicants are encouraged to apply. For a confidential discussion please contact Vicki Stavrou on (03) 9252 2239 or alternatively click on apply now! Please ensure you include a cover letter.