IPA Personnel Services Pty Ltd (“IPA”) and its related entities are committed to protecting the privacy of all persons who provide us with information in the provision of recruitment services and related commercial activity. We, at all times, ensure compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Privacy Act”), including the National Privacy Principles.
What your personal information is...?
As defined in the Privacy Act, personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion. Personal information may range from the very sensitive (e.g.medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. name, address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude and psychological assessment results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What sensitive information is...
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. Sensitive information includes information such as health, racial or ethnic background, or criminal record. Higher standards apply to the handling of sensitive information and we will collect this information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information...?
IPA Personnel Services will collect your personal and sensitive information, for its own use, and on behalf of other members of IPA employee’s who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements and associated services.
How your information will be collected...?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you;
- You attend an interview;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- You provide us with any additional information about you.
Your information will be used...
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement;
- Checking your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents);
- To undertake directly or through an agent, criminal reference checking with relevant government agencies;
- Your performance appraisals;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our identification of your training needs;
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
We may also use the information collected to notify you about changes to our web sites, and to inform you of services, opportunities and special events that IPA believes that you will find valuable. From time to time we may also use the information to send you information about us, our related companies and possibly about third parties (we will send such information directly to you - your information will not be provided to third parties without your consent).
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to…
- Potential and actual employers and clients of IPA Personnel Services;
- Other members of IPA Personnel Services;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek...
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is incorrect...
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
How to contact us...
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact our Privacy Officers via email Privacy@ipa.com.au