IPA represents a Global Chemical Manufacturing Company based in Laverton North. An exciting opportunity has become available for a diligent environmental professional to join the team. Working as part of the WHS Team, you will work with environmental team on a gap analysis project.
The role is to ensure compliance with all environmental regulations and license conditions and to lead the organisation towards best practise, environmentally.
The position also will embed sustainable values within the organisation and strive for sustainable development and continual improvement. The objective is to manage their two Laverton sites and ensure there are no compliance breaches, adverse effects on the workers, community and the environment.
- Identify, plan and implement business strategies to quantify and report on factors affecting the environment which arise from the organisation's activities
- Manage external environment reporting requirements.
- Manage the site Trade Waste Agreement to ensure compliance through establishing a criteria for the selection of third party waste providers
- Odour Management and Chair Odour Management Group meetings - documentation / plans.
- Prepare inspection reports along with appropriate suggestions
- Research and recommend new processes to reduce environmental damages.
- Oversee environmental legislative issues
- Prepare technical proposals and scientific reports for gap analysis
- Obtain environmental permits
- Manage and monitor environmental project activities to ensure timely completion.
- Resolve environmental issues and escalate complex problems to higher authorities.
- Experience with ISO14001 Management Systems
- Qualifications in environmental science, engineering or similar.
- Minimum one year experience
- Sound technical and analytical skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- A focus on quality and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with the Victorian environmental regulatory framework.
- Experience in Chemical/waste classifications.
This position is initially for a 2 weeks period, however could be extended depending on site requitements.
You will be provided with onsite parking, catered canteen and full site induction.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nicole Spencer 9355 3888 or apply online.