Switch on to a career at Western Power
Looking for a career path with a workplace that is changing the future of the electricity network in Western Australia? Don't miss this opportunity!
What does the job involve?
As a Western Power apprentice, you will be expected to operate safely and effectively whilst working towards all the requirements you need to achieve your trade qualification.
During the four years of your apprenticeship you will undertake regular off the job training learning the trade skills you require. Back in the workplace you will be guided and mentored by qualified and experienced colleagues to apply these skills while working on the Western Power network.
During your apprenticeship you will develop the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to acquire the level of occupational competency needed to become a trade qualified Cable Jointer.
What we're looking for:
To be successful, you'll have the following skills and attributes:
- Successful completion of year 11 secondary education with English and Mathematics
- Valid WA 'C' Class Drivers Licence to business requirements
- The ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively in the workplace, including updating formal leaders, colleagues, of your commitments regarding the apprentice program and training
- Demonstrated constructive behaviours in line with Western Power values
- Motivation and commitment to complete the apprenticeship in your chosen career path
- Ability to pass a medical, along with regular drug and alcohol test
- Commitment to safety in the workplace
Successful applicants will be required to obtain the following licences upon commencement of their apprenticeship:
- Valid High Risk licence class EWP (within first 3 months of apprenticeship)
- Valid WA HR Licence (within first 3 months of apprenticeship)
- Relevant Network Authorisation including Construction industry white card and Basic Emergency Life Support (within the first month of apprenticeship)
What's it like to work here?
Our employees come to work knowing there is a safety-first attitude and supportive work environments through teamwork and focus on our customers. Along with a competitive remuneration, you'll also be part of an award winning employee recognition program, enjoy social club perks and have access to exclusive employee benefits.
Ready to apply?
Life's too short not to embrace a career move, so if this sounds like the change you've been waiting for, we want to hear from you! To apply for this role please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter.
As a business, we recognise that a diverse network of employees, reflective of the community we serve, is better able to understand and meet the needs of our customers. As an organisation who champions gender and cultural equality in our workplace, we actively encourage women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
This position has a strict closing date of 15/10/2018.