IPA are a leading supplier of recruitment solutions to the NSW Government. We are in search of a Personal Assistant to join the team at one of Sydney's Governmental Departments based in the CBD.
The Personal Assistant provides high level executive, project and administrative support and advice to the Assistant Commissioner. This will assist in the research and development of correspondence and briefings, in order to support the informed decision-making and overall leadership and management of the Unit.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provide high level executive, administrative and project support to the Assistant Commissioner; including diarising appointments and meeting preparations
- Assist in the development of briefs and research relating to departmental issues, as well as
drafting of correspondence to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective systems and processes for the effective operation of the work area, ensuring that all information is accurate, stored correctly and accessible.
- Ensure that the Assistant Commissioner is kept fully informed of critical matters affecting the business by providing timely, reliable advice on strategic, sensitive or complex issues across all business functions.
- Monitoring and addressing enquiries, preparing and editing a range of written material on behalf of the business unit for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop appropriate systems, procedures and controls to support the Assistant Commissioner to monitor and manage the Division's activities
- Contribute to the Assistant Commissioner's optimum use of available time by coordinating, planning, organising, and prioritising work commitments
Selection criteria include:
- The ability to provide support to the Assistant Commissioner to ensure consistency in support services and quality of correspondence through drafting and coordinating briefing notes, presentations, and appointments
- Excellent MS Office skills and ability to quickly learn new processes quickly
- Balancing competing demands whilst providing quality administrative services in a pressured/ high volume and sensitive work environment.
- Confidence when dealing with difficult stakeholders
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
To express your interest in this role please click the apply button below
For a confidential conversation please call Mary or Angelos on +61 2 9220 6924